icouldbe.org is pleased to announce that we’ve reached the 10th anniversary of our program, and we have served over 17,000 students nationally so far. We are really proud of how far we’ve come – and even more excited for what the next ten years have in store!
Here’s what we have been up to in the last decade:
· 2000 – Created an innovative technology to match students with mentors in a safe online environment.
· 2001 – The first mentee and mentor matches began working together.
· 2002 – Computer World honors icouldbe.org with an IT Heroes Award.
· 2003 – E*Trade Financial signs a corporate partnership to serve 1,000 students annually.
· 2006 – 30-unit curriculum in career exploration, college prep and financial literacy developed.
· 2008 – 40,000 volunteer mentor hours donated since 2000.
· 2009 – 17,000 mentees served through the icouldbe program.
· 2010 – Evaluation of the impact of icouldbe.org is published in the Journal of Vocational Behavior.
All that icouldbe.org has accomplished would not be possible without all of our supporters, partners and of course our mentors – so we thank you!